Friday, 24 March 2017

Hello there!!

So happy to be part of Lori Anderson's bead soup (hoarders addition) blog hop!!! Since time is short and there is much hopping to do I will keep this post short.

I was paired up with the lovely Rebecca Ednie. She sent me a beautiful assortment of beads to choose from. She also sent me the sweetest handmade card! I knew right away what  was wanting to work with.  The stone focal she sent me was a bead that was larger than she uses so she would just end up staring lovingly at it! I kind of got a kick out of that, as us bead hoarders can all relate I`m sure!! 

What I recieved


I knew I wanted to make a bracelet (because I love bracelets) and I wanted that to be the focal! I also wanted to include some of the soft green gemstones Rebecca sent me! 
Here is the bracelet I came up with.



Also, I would like to share with you the hoarded bead I sent Rebecca.  I sent her a hearts and roses theme since they were mailed out on Valentines day.  My very special hoarded bead was a beautiful detailed heart and rose pendant made by artist Monique Uquhart (Half Baked Notion). She makes amazing polymer clay beads!! I have another one of her beads that I am still happily hoarding!!  I also sent Rebecca a czech glass button and some ceramic beads and headpins that I made.


Check out what Rebecca made with what I sent her! Rebecca Ednie



Thanks so much for stopping by!! - Happy Hopping!!
D'Arsie Manzella

Julia Lund-Trott
Joelyn Bissing

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful bracelet. The colors are so soft and lovely. Perfect with the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful work, and so calming to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a wonderful bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty love your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bracelet is unique and beautiful. You brought everything together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dragonflies and that one looks like it was always meant to accent that bead. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and clever use of the focal. Love all the different elements, it looks like it belongs on the pages of a Sundance jewelry catalogue. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Terri, Your bracelet is beautiful. Good job using your swap beads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really clever design. I don't know if I could have made something so interesting. I knew you were a talented artist, but now I know you're a talented designer too. I have a few of your pieces I hoard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's easy to see why you love bracelets - you made a gorgeous one. What a great mixture of your own beads and those sent to you for the hop. Lots of texture going on there which makes it all the more interesting. I'll be hopping to see what your partner made from the amazing soup you mailed! Gosh, those are lovely beads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really gorgeous bracelet, love all the different components you used in your design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used the focal stone as a bracelet, such a wonderful combination of materials it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bracelet, love those greens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great bracelet! I love the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I *adore* the bracelet!!! It's beautiful - and the focal is truly the centerpiece, complimented by a lovely array of beads.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you did with my bead! My wrists are tiny so I never would have thought to use it in a bracelet but it looks amazing! I love all the components you used especially the suede? cord and the dragonfly! This was really fun and best of all I made a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color combo! Especially by adding that clasp. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the earthy colors! What a great idea to use that focal for a bracelet - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely use of your trade in the bracelet. You made the focal dragonfly stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful bracelet! Great job showcasing the focal piece!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that bracelet. Fun, adding the dragon fly (or whatever that bug is ) with pretty cording. A really great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job, your work is outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love dragonflies AND bracelets! I also love the soup you sent.

    Excellent work, and thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete