Monday, 24 November 2014

Charm Swap 2014

Hey Everyone!

I just love participating in Jennifer Cameron's annual Charm Swap. Last year was my first and I was so happy to be here again. I love so many things about participating! The best part is raising money for a great cause - Beads of courage! Other great things like, getting a package filled with wonderful handmade charms by amazing artist!! Another perk is the wonderful group of warm friendly artist that communicate throughout the weeks prior to the swap - such a great group!  Even if I was a little to absorbed in my own life lately comment much!


  My Charms are inspired by the scripture Isaiah 30:41

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
 they will run and not grow weary,
 they will walk and not be faint.

This was the first thing that came to my mind when I found out the theme was, "soar". That being said, I got started making  ceramic eagles feathers!



 
Photo compliments of the lovely Jen Cameron! Shout out to Jen for all her hard work! You are the Best Jen! Thank you for everything!



The charms were made from stoneware. I started out with an ordinary white eraser. I carved a feather into the eraser to give a light texture to add to my clay.




 
 
They were fired in my kiln, then hand painted, glazed and fired again.   I attached a little "dangly" made of little glass beads that I wish I could remember what they are called and where I got them! They seemed to go nicely with the eagle feather.



 
 
Look forward to seeing everyone else's charms! I got so many other goodies from these great artist: Monique Urquhart, Jenny Davies-Razor, Mallory Hoffman, Cheri Mitchell-Reed, Cianci Blue, Mariah Bitterly, Alenka Obit, Nancy Dale, Genevieve, Kristi Bowman, Lesley Watt, Rita (Toltec Jewels), Perry Jackson, Strega Jewelry, Cory Tomkins, Michelle McCarthy, and  Sheila Prose Posterman.

Please join me in hoping around all the other charm swap participants!

2014 Art Charm Exchange Participants



Jenny Davies-Reazor: http://www.jdaviesreazor.com/blog
Lennis Carrier: http://www.windbent.net
Shai Williams: http://www.shaihasramblings.com/2014/11/art-charm-exchange-auction.html





 

13 comments:

  1. I received one of your charms Terri and I really love it, the feather is stunning and the little dangly beads go so beautifully with it. Such a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful charms. The dangles really compliment the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your feathers are beautiful - and so detailed!! They personify SOAR to me - and a lot of other things, too. So meaningful and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thrilled to receive a charm from you again this year, Terri! I love the little feather with its gentle texture, and the striped picasso seed beads are the perfect complement. Beautiful choice of inspiration... such an uplifting verse :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you showed your carved eraser! Your charm is loveley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love both versions of your charms! Thanks for participating once again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your post Terri, especially your "about me" section! I it fun to visualize where a person is when all this magic happens. I love that scripture and it was one that I immediately thought of when presented with the theme. To me feathers represent a powerful combination of softness and strength and were a perfect symbol for this year's charms. Bravo to you, special person on a dirt road somewhere amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your charms are beautiful and I like the extra component - the glass charms, they are a good match!
    Alenka

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're wonderful, I love mine... thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like you feather design. I have learned something new to try with my carving and ceramic beads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sweet little feather charm, and I was so pleased to get one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your eagle feathers and I have one of my very own. I am thrilled ! This has been such a wonderful experience and what a wonderful way to get to know each other. So many Canadians here in the jewelry blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a fellow clay person - i loved your feather charm! Its a beauty. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete