Friday, 5 October 2012

How do you like them apples?


A while back I was really into making apples with clay.  We just got a trailer full of stuff we had in storage from when we moved out of Ontario.  I was thrilled to just find these little guys!  the two on the left are raku, while the one on the right is a mix of glazes and underglazes.  They were formed using the pinch pot method then pounded into shape.  I absolutely love this technique for handbuilding!

Speaking of apples - something new I have tried is a recipe for apple pie filling in a jar.  A friend brought me a bunch of apples from her mothers orcharch in manitoba. I decided to try this recipe and I cannot tell you how happy I am with how it turned out and I am just thrilled to think that at any moment I can make an apple pie as simply as pouring this already made filling into a pastry!  It is so good we joke about eating it straigh out of the Jar!  Below is the link to the recipe and 'tis the season!
Oh and for $14 I bought an apple peeler that peels, slices, and cores the apples in a fast turning motion - it is so fantastic - fun for the kids to help out!  Who doesnt love apple pie!
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fallrecipes.com%2Frecipe%2Fcanned-apple-pie-filling%2F&ei=2f5uUNGbL4PJiQLB3IHgDA&usg=AFQjCNHv328sJDW0G0Vz1LuQhskBjvJ2jw

1 comment:

  1. you're in for the book challenge at my blog! come on over to see yesterday's announcement! and email me your address!

    ReplyDelete